Academics at UK universities are invited to submit proposals for AHRC Collaborative Doctoral Partnerships with the British Library.
Application deadline: 23 November 2018.
AHRC CDPs provide funding for collaborative, co-supervised PhD research drawing on the British Library’s collections, resources or expertise. Funding is available for four CDPs to start in October 2019. Proposals should be developed around any of the following research themes:
- UK Digital Comics: writing, reading, publishing, collecting
- The Working Life of Scientists: Exploring the Culture of Scientific Research through the Personal Archive of Donald Michie
- North American Indigenous Languages in the British Library’s post-1850 Collections
- The Otto Haas Archive: the music trade in the 20th century
- Ownership, Custodianship, Salesmanship: Trade in Ottoman Manuscripts between Britain and the Ottoman Empire through the Lens of British Library Collections
- Suffrage and Beyond: Women and American Politics
Once selected, the university supervisor may further refine the research topic with the Library supervisor in order for each partner to gain maximum benefit from the collaboration. The successful PhD candidate will contribute to the development of the final agreed research project once recruited.
For further details, application guidelines and profiles of each research theme, please visit the British Library website: https://www.bl.uk/news/2018/october-2018/ahrc-cdp-2018