Call for proposals to university researchers 2019
Historic England and the English Heritage Trust invite proposals from universities to co-supervise one of three new PhD studentship with Historic England or English Heritage. This call is open till November 22nd 2019.
We are looking for proposals from universities and other Higher Education Institutes to work with us to design, to recruit and to host PhD degree level researchers to start in October 2020. These PhD students would be supervised by an academic at the university and a member of staff from Historic England or English Heritage. We invite proposals in these priority areas:
- Social value
- Economic value
- Contested values
- Untold Stories of the National Heritage Collection
- Insect pests and historic collections and interiors
- Temperature sensitivity of historic collections made of vitreous materials (such as painted stained glass and enamels)
Under the latest round of our Collaborative Doctoral Partnership, funded by the Arts and Humanities Research Council, we are offering co-supervision of three four-year PhD studentships within these areas. Students will benefit from a clear connection of their research with the expertise in practical issues in heritage management of the national agencies.
We will assess proposals giving equal weight to three criteria:
- relevance to our chosen priority research topics
- academic strength
- use of the collaboration with Historic England / English Heritage to enhance the students experience
For initial enquiries, please contact either Edmund Lee Edmund.Lee@HistoricEngland.org.uk if it is about priority areas 1 to 4, or Andrew Hann Andrew.Hann@english-heritage.org.uk for priority areas 5 to 7.