The Arts and Humanities Research Council has announced the 14 successful institutions and consortia that will host 152 AHRC-funded Collaborative Doctoral Partnership doctoral studentships it will host 152 awards from October 2020.
Since it began in 2012, the CDP programme has awarded more than 500 PhD studentships, allowing doctoral students to develop new research skills in an environment beyond higher education.
The AHRC has published a new report which looks at AHRC-funded collaborative studentships (PDF). Commissioned by the AHRC and authored by JD Hill and A. Meek of the British Museum, the report outlines the impact and benefits of the collaborative doctoral studentship for the students, their supporting partner organisations and universities.
Collaborative Doctoral Partnership Awards:
- The British Library: Supporting the Next Generation of Research Talent
Lead applicant: British Library
- Historic England and the English Heritage Trust Lead applicant: Historic England and the English Heritage Trust
- Scottish Cultural Heritage Consortium
Lead applicant: Historic Environment Scotland
Consortium partners: Historic Environment Scotland (HES), National Museums Scotland (NMS), National Galleries of Scotland (NGS), National Library of Scotland (NLS) and Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh (RBGE)
- IWM Lead applicant: Imperial War Museum
- MOLA Lead applicant: Museum of London Archaeology
- REACH Consortium (Revisiting and Enhancing Approaches to Collections and Heritage)
Lead applicant: National Maritime Museum
Consortium partners: National Maritime Museum (NMM), National Portrait Gallery (NPG), Historic Royal Palaces (HRP), British Film Institute (BFI), and the National Trust (NT)
- Amgueddfa Cymru-National Museum Wales Lead applicant: National Museum Wales
- Science Museums and Archives Consortium
Lead applicant: Science Museum Group
Science Museum, BT Archives (BT), Royal Geographical Society (with the Institute of British geographers) (RGS), Royal Society (RS) and the Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew.
Lead applicant: Tate
- The British Museum
Lead applicant: The British Museum
- The National Archives
Lead applicant: The National Archives
- The National Gallery, Bowes Museum, York Museums Trust Consortium
Lead applicant: The National Gallery
Consortium partners: The National Gallery, The Bowes Museum, York Museums Trust
- Oxford University GLAM (Gardens, Libraries and Museums)
Lead applicant: University of Oxford
Consortium partners: Ashmolean Museum, Bodleian Libraries, Museum of the History of Science, Oxford Botanic Gardens & Arboretum, Oxford University Museum of Natural History, Pitt Rivers Museum
Lead applicant: Victoria and Albert Museum