Who can apply for a CDP studentship?

You need to have, or will have, a Masters degree or equivalent relevant experience by the time the studentship starts.
You also need to meet the AHRC’s UK residency requirements. (Full details are in the ‘Training Grant Funding Guide’ available on the AHRC’s website at: https://www.ukri.org/files/legacy/publications/rcuk-training-grant-guide-pdf/, and which should be read alongside the ‘Terms and Conditions of RCUK Training Grants’ and the ‘RCUK Training Grant Guide’, both available at the RCUK website (see https://www.ukri.org/funding/information-for-award-holders/grant-terms-and-conditions/) and The Education (Fees and Awards) (England) Regulations 2007.
EU citizens who do not meet these residency requirements can apply, but are only eligible for an award that pays tuition fees only and not money to cover living expenses. For queries about eligibility for funding under the AHRC CDP programme, prospective students should consult the RCUK’s Terms and Conditions of Research Council Training Grants in the first instance, or contact the admissions office of the HEI to which they will be applying to undertake the PhD.

Mobile Navigation